In this issue:
- Eco-campers resist oil drilling in Surrey Hills
- England’s sacred land
- Newbury, the past and the future
- Hamburg calling! Attack the G20 summit!
- J20: USA prepares for massive day of revolt
- Two new books from Winter Oak
- Hands off our Downs!
1. Eco-campers resist oil drilling in Surrey Hills
An eco-protection camp has been set up in the woods of southern England to try and stop exploratory oil drilling at a precious rural site.
After years of planning battles, including two public inquiries, Europa Oil & Gas were last year given the go-ahead to explore for oil at Leith Hill near Dorking in Surrey and are now due to start work.
These loathsome environmental vandals want to fell hundreds of trees and permanently destroy a unique two-acre zone of beautiful woodland, polluting a much wider area, in the pursuit of short-term financial profit.
View original post 5,692 more words
Leave a comment
No comments yet.